View Single Post
Old 04-07-2013   #16
pirbroke
All Pro

Rep Power: 7701 pirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respected

If I was a GM, I think I would try a opposite trend as other teams. With so much of the percentage of your salary cap going to QBs, I would just keep playing mid round rookies until they demanded a raise then ship them off and invest that chunk of savings into the offensive line. Try to always have a great run team and pass protection which would inflate the young QB numbers and help bring in future draft picks, I don't care if the team just won the Super Bowl, if its his last year time to go instead of gutting 5 or so of other positions. I know we get attached to certain QBs but I would like to see if some GM has the guts to try this. Even some of the worst QBs have done pretty good with strong support around them.
pirbroke is online now   Reply With Quote