View Single Post
Old 04-07-2013   #14
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15717 Hottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Beerlover Final Texan 2013 Mock

First Round: Alec Ogletree, ILB, Georgia 6024 242

I doubt he drops to us, but if he does you have to take him.

Second Round: Terrance Williams, WR, Baylor 6020 208

I was high on him for a while, but have cooled off lately due to a lack of toughness to fight for the extra yard & a concern that he could become a distraction when he doesn't get the ball enough. However, that could be a part of his competitive fire. I also don't think he'll fall all the way to our late 2nd round pick. But if he does, you have to take a serious look at him.

Third Round: Chase Thomas, OLB, Stanford, 6032 244

Nice pick here, but I believe he will also be gone before our late 3rd round pick.

Third Round: (compensatory Mario Williams) Jordan Mills, OT, Louisiana Tech, 6050 316

I've had Mills on my board from the beginning, but lately I've been seeing him projected to be taken in the late 2nd or early 3rd. If he's there, we've found our starting RT for many years to come.

Fourth Round: Lavar Edwards, DE/DT, LSU, 6036 277

I'm not familiar with this guy, but he sounds intriguing.

Fifth Round: Kayvon Webster, CB/SS, South Florida, 5-10 1/2" 195

Interesting prospect, but I've been leaning towards Robert Lester in the 4th. His numbers have fallen off, but he's still a ballhawk & has 3 years of training under Saban.

Sixth Round: Corey Fuller, WR, Virginia Tech, 6-2 197

Picking up another WR is a good idea, but I'd rather make a run at the other Virginia Tech WR (Marcus Davis). He's not as fast & doesn't always play up to his potential, but he's bigger & there's just something about him that makes me think he's going to be a really good WR one day. He kind of makes me think of Marques Colston.

Sixth Round: (compensatory) Keith Pough, ILB, Howard, 6016 241

Nice pick.

Seventh Round: Chris Jones, NT, Bowling Green, 6-1 7/8" 301

I'm not familiar with this young man.

Nice draft if the cards fall right for us. However, I think Rick's going to need the world's largest rabbit's foot for the first 4 picks to fall to us. If there's a run on QB's in the first, who knows, Ogletree could be there for us. Appreciate your work.

The Texan Question Marks
Welcome to "Sack City, USA"!
Hottoddie is offline   Reply With Quote