View Single Post
Old 04-07-2013   #18
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 52823 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Life Without Schaub: What if?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
IIRC, Jake retired while still under contract with the Bucs (due to Gruden's "I'll Stash 12 QBs!" strategy.

I don't think Jake would have been available even if he un-retired, he'd be property of the Bucs (maybe there was a one-year rule, where he sits out for a year and then become a FA????).

This rule, IIRC, is to keep a disgruntled player from simply "retiring" and then un-retiring so that he could be a FA and play for some other team.
That's why we would have had to trade for him, like Lucky mentioned. Probably wouldn't have cost much to get Jake Plummer at that point in his career.