About this time of year, I try to identify positions and players to watch in the next college season that Houston could be interested in for the following draft. I feel comfortable that regardless of the round in this month's draft a WR, OLB, ILB and RT will be selected. I wished I could be as certain about the Nose but until this one is over who knows? Following are players I will focus on and where I have them rated. Of course our draft will probably change focus.
1. OG/OT Cyril Richardson 6'5" 335 Baylor pure LG that would allow Kubiak to allow Brooks to remain at RG where I have him starting in 2013. Richardson blocked for RG3 in 2011 as LT before moving to LG 2012. If Ben Jones can move to center, we should have a young dominating line lead by D. Brown.
2. OLB Morgan Breslin 6'2" 250 USC I mocked him for '13 before he returned. In 2012 he had 12 sacks. He might be a first rounder. 2014 is Reeds last year and he needs a great '13 to come back.
3. QB David Fales 6'3" 220 USC 4,196 yards 4,193 yds 9.3 avg 33 TDs 9 INTs but 26 sacks; behind our Oline he should remain on his feet. Decent arm but can get stronger. New coach could disprove claim he is system QB. Excellent review: http://www.pigskinheaven.com/content...as-David-Fales
4. ILB Andrew Jackson 6'2" 262 Western Kentucky tackling machine who returned to have his rank improve. Poor decision. Tackling machine.
5. RT Rob Crisp 6'7" 312 NC State has allowed only 1 sack in 2011 and 12. May be way undervalued here.