View Single Post
Old 04-06-2013   #1252
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2013 TT Member Mock Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
What game film are you watching if this guy? I have watched the Nebraska and Alabama game where he supposedly played really well and he didn't stand out to me. Of course it was hard to key on him because they move him around a lot.
Washington is still more on potential than the real thing.
Late in the third round, it's a fair spot for him, I would think.
For some reason, I want to project him at ILB.
Right now he doesn't look real comfortable on the line for me.
His get-off is rather poor or inconsistent.
He doesn't do a very good job running the arc (unless it's against lesser competition) and therefore isn't effective to counter that with an inside move.
When he play inside, his inconsistent get-off doesn't allow him to penetrate very well. And he's also poor at using his arms.

I'd love to see him at ILB, but I don't know how he will handle coverage.
With Cushing, even though he wasn't used much in coverage at USC, I felt (at the time) and had said as much, that I believe he just needs a lot of reps.
I recall him struggling against Dallas Clark in his rookie year, and looked lost many times in zone defense.

I just want to see Washington in coverage some to gauge his ability.
With the way he tested, I think he can handle most RBs and some TEs here and there. He might need a year, year and a half - Cushing needed some time, too.
So I think it's possible.

With two big fast guys in the middle, I think this defense can go far.

Washington needs to learn to play more aggressive as well.

But that's why he's only a late third round pick here.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote