View Single Post
Old 04-06-2013   #44
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 192005 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Football Outsiders: State of the Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
By missing that, you seem to have missed the very point of my post.
When I say he's a good QB, I mean he's good enough to win a Super Bowl. When you say he's a good QB, you mean he can't win a Super Bowl. Right?

Your tried to counter the stat argument by implying that putting up 4000 yards in a season doesn't make you anything more than a Don Majkowski or a Bill Kenney. And that's true, as far as it goes. My counter to that point is that while some guys were able to put together a single good season, those guys you mentioned weren't able to put them together year after year like Schaub has. You were trying to lump Schaub in with those guys but he doesn't fit. He's better than those guys.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote