View Single Post
Old 04-06-2013   #29
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 213038 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Badboy's April mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Man, that looks good, add in a LB like Klein and some late rd S help and this defense would be a force to be reckoned with.

I personally would trade up to make sure I got Klein in this mock. If you had to miss out on filling one of the big needs WR/OT/NT/ILB which one would you most be willing to give up. Your TT mock suggests OT?
I think my mock just fell that way .... The Dobson and Washington picks kinda threw me off a bit but they were such value picks at that point in the draft I just couldnt pass them up.

Ideally I think I would have taken an OT with one of those selections , likely in place of Dobson since I took Rogers a round earlier in the draft.

The other issue was I just didnt think any of the OT's available there were worth the 3rd rounder. The quality OT's went quickly.

After that , I had to get back to my plan and fill the ILB spot with the player at the position with the best cover skills in the entire draft in Klein.

I still have four more picks for the Texans .... but I dont see solving the OT spot this deep in the draft. It'll probably be depth from here on as you really dont expect 5th rounders to contribute , or even make the team in some situations.
I'd have to look to fill the spot via FA after the draft or around the June 1 cuts.
There isnt a lot of money left and there will be some real bargins out there.

---------------

EDIT - I almost took an OT in the first in place of Short - Armstead. But I have to wonder if I had done so and taken Rogers in the second , would I have taken Dobson over one of the DT's ?! Really has me thinking about all the posibile scenario's we could see come draft day.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote