View Single Post
Old 04-05-2013   #4
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub: Texans Still Definitely Eyeing Super Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru80texan View Post
Could not agree more!

The last quote by Schaub bothers me the most concerning Lechler & playing it safe to depend on the punter & defense...as if he & Kubiak haven't already resorted to that in the past. I truly did appreciate the signing of Lechler, but this looks as if it could become yet another crutch, the other being the defense of course, for the offense to shut it down & go conservative once they get a 10pt lead. Truly disappointing that that thought is already crossing Schaub's mind imo.
When the Texans got the early lead and played downhill i.e. run the football, pass off the run and let the defense rush the passer, as ugly and frankly boring as that stuff was it was the Texans at its best.

We really don't want the ball in schuab hands in high leverage situations, so playing that way is the best option for 2013, especially since any dynamic playerrs will be coming from the draft and relying on rookies is not a high percentage gamble.