View Single Post
Old 04-05-2013   #40
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 207979 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Re: Football Outsiders: State of the Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
If Schaub fails your eyeball test, just say so. Nothing wrong with that. Just because 4000 yards is "fast becoming the standard" doesn't make it any less impressive today.
I'm not impressed. I'll just put it that way. And it isn't that he fails, per se. I'm not calling Schaub a scrub. He's a good QB. I don't personally believe he's good enough, but that doesn't mean he's bad. As for the stat, well there are the 4000 yard seasons by guys like Don Majkowski, Jeff George, Jay Schroeder, Jake Plummer, Scott Mitchell, Bill Kenney, Steve Beurlein and Matt Schaub. Then there are the 4000 yard seasons by guys like Manning, Marino, Young, Favre, Brees, and Rodgers.