View Single Post
Old 04-05-2013   #28
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Walter Football Draft

They updated their mock on 4/3. I like this one better than the last but it still needs work IMO.

1) Justin Hunter, WR, Tenn. (6'4", 200 lbs) They are definitely stuck on Hunter with this pick. I'm still not sold!

2) Zach Ertz, TE, Stanford (6'5", 249 lbs) This would be much better than their last pick at #2, Jordan Reed, but I don't see how he will fall this far. He's projected to go late 1st to early 2nd, but you never know. I'd be ecstatic if the Texans picked him but I think they will go in a different direction and get a TE later.

3) Jon Bostic, ILB, Florida (6'1", 245 lbs) Same as last mock. Not a bad pick and fills a need.

3) JJ Wilcox, S, Georgia So. (6'0", 213 lbs) Changed from Rambo. I don't know anything about Wilcox except he played 1 yr at SS and was invited to the Senior Bowl. He's a project and Ed Reed and Manning can show him the ropes.

4) Brennan Williams, OT, N. Carolina (6'6", 318 lbs) Changed from Aboushi. Don't know much about this pick either. He had torn labrum and didn't workout at the Combine. He's raw and will be a project but could be a steal if he passes his medical. His Dad played 11 yrs in the NFL as a DE.

5) Michael Mauti, ILB, Penn St. (6'2", 243 lbs) Same as last mock, and I still feel the Texans will not draft 2 ILB's. He also has a medical issues as well.

Overall, I like this mock better than the last, but it still didn't address the NT position and I think the Texans will take a NT/DT somewhere in the 2nd or 3rd round. Would love to get Ertz but I don't think he will last that long, and I don't think the Texans will draft a TE that early, but you never know.
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote