View Single Post
Old 04-05-2013   #20
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Badboy's April mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Sacks from the Nose are just gravy, a Nose is primarily to shut down the run (which Mitchell and Cody did not do) and take up blocks so the other two Dline and your OLBs can cause havoc with QB.
I don't think Wade sees the Nose the same way we do. We look at our defensive front & we "see" a 3-4, but he plays it more like a 4-3. His weakside DE is more like a 4-3 UT & his nose is more like a 4-3 strongside DT. These guys can be huge like Kyle Williams & be successful, or they can be like your traditional 4-3 tackle who normally goes unrecognized (Shuan Cody).

Wade's defense is not about taking up blocks or making it easier for others to make plays. He attacks the gaps, he wants the offense to react to what we're doing, cause havoc all along the line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Our NT does not have the same responsibilities as a regular 3/4 NT. Short was at his best when playing inside against guards.

For Thunderkiss, just because Hankins is 320 doesn't mean he is just a big run stuffer. He is a three down player.
I could be completely wrong. I'm just a guy. But I don't think we'll ever spend a 1st on a guy to play Shaun Cody's position. That is the big ugly of the big uglies. He does all the dirty work, noone will ever know his name.

We might get lucky & find an overacheiver like Jay Ratliff, but he won't be a first rounder.