View Single Post
Old 04-05-2013   #37
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 69969 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Football Outsiders: State of the Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
If Schaub fails your eyeball test, just say so. Nothing wrong with that. Just because 4000 yards is "fast becoming the standard" doesn't make it any less impressive today. "Becoming" being the operative word here.

He chokes.

He's not a leader of men.

He's not a winner.

I don't care how many yards he's thrown for, but 4000 yards is impressive. 4000 yards in every season he's played 16 games... that's impressive. Being on track to throw for 4000 in the years he didn't play 16 games, that's impressive.

20 years from now, probably not impressive at all. Today..... impressive.

He's got the ability to be an elite QB. But he's not elite. Won't ever be. Has nothing to do with his mobility, his arm, or his decision making. He's a choker.
He chokes? That is a wild assertion that barely has any credibility. Did Andre choke when he dropped that pass? What about Casey? Walter? On the first be game kj trys to scoop and run instead of just fall on the fumble. Quinn dropped a sure INT. In years past how many times did he put us in game tying/winning positions only to have the defense blow it? The 46 second 96 yard march by Sanchez anyone?

By the way, flacco was a choke artist until this year.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote