View Single Post
Old 04-05-2013   #17
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 171454 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Badboy's April mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
What you and Corrosion are not mentioning is Phillips has never said he prefers a smaller Nose for his scheme. He has said he works with what he has. Sacks from the Nose are just gravy, a Nose is primarily to shut down the run (which Mitchell and Cody did not do) and take up blocks so the other two Dline and your OLBs can cause havoc with QB. If the Nose can collapse the pocket and Hankins, Sy Williams and Brandon Williams can, you have a great fit. If Phillips were opposed to big boys we never would have tried out Fangupo. he did not have skill set but Wade did allow him. If we do draft Short over Hankins, I will then agree with you. If we go for other positions 1- 3B and not select a NT all that means is Texans felt those postions had greater need. I have said that I have feeling that Wade will start Mitchell and use what he has for backups. I think that is a mistake but would gladly say I am wrong as that would allow us to foucus on other spots.
I agree with most of what you are saying .... Just that I believe Short best fits the description (of those remaining) of what we have seen in the past from the position.

I'd much prefer Sharrif Floyd or Sheldon Richardson but we have no shot at those two. Short is the "next best option" IMO.

I wouldnt be opposed to Johnathan Hankins.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote