View Single Post
Old 04-05-2013   #11
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 203027 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: JJ Watt was injured?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar View Post
I'm guessing the dislocation caused small tears in the tendons?
As soon as it was reported that he had dislocated his elbow, it would automatically have to be presumed that he suffered multiple torn elbow-stabilizing ligaments. The elbow joint is held in place by many strong ligaments.....making it a very uncommon injury to begin with.

The healing process to true completion is a very long process, and the full extension of the elbow, which put maximal stress on the ligaments, must be avoided during this period..........and protected long-term by the application of a brace to avoid instability and hyperextension and, therefore, potential re-injury.

My response on 8/7/12 after the injury occurred:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
I'm not sure where you may have gotten the impression that I believe that this is a minimal injury. Just the opposite. The description of the injury reflects a complete dislocation. If this is so, it implies significant ligament damage. We haven't and probably will not receive any comments as to what if any nerve stretch effects may have occured. All of this in mind certainly is why I would have to question a rehab at this time which includes push ups (even if it were only a partial dislocation). I've seen examples of "uncomplicated" dislocations where too intense rehab too soon have ended up doubling an expected 3-6 week return to play. This is not to even touch upon the potential compensatory injury factor.
http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...4&postcount=89

Last edited by CloakNNNdagger; 04-05-2013 at 12:05 PM. Reason: Reflection
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote