View Single Post
Old 04-04-2013   #17
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 38282 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Doppelmock Version 7.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Haven't done a mock in two months because of question marks #27 so many viable options, so little time to really breakdown film with pro-day, combine & bowl games where applicable but Keenan is excellent choice. He is not Andre but can fill some of his roles on this team thereby reliving some of the pressure & spreading out defenses. Big talent, with good work ethic, just to be fair he too had a brush with marijuana but guess your allowed one strike just not two or three

I've heard from several friends about Collins going to Texans in 2nd. so will have to defer having not seen him play. Pass rusher if not first priority is second or at least third on list so adding one in 2nd makes perfect sense. Could be a great pick.

How did Barrett fall this far, must stop doing time travel thought he was a first rounder heck yeah from value standpoint alone.

Taylor is a freak for sure. High risk high reward player. Give me some more

Mount Montori huh another freaky kinda prospect with off chart intangibles I kinda see where your going with this, have you been dipping into my Barleywine

Down with bringing in a FS for Mr Reed to groom question is sooner than later.

Like RB here to replace loss of Forsett plus inability of Tate to stay healthy. Good size, production for position. nice pick.

Elvis has entered the building. Would be extremely happy if Texans added him this late to be next swing tackle possibly big package blocking TE.

Another quality doppelbock mock,

BL
I really feel this is turning out like the 2009 draft. In that one, everyone was convinced the Texans would take a LB and they did. The only question was which one: Cush, Matthews III, Malaluga, or Lauranitis. I think the same thing is shaping up here. I think its going to be a WR, just not sure which one. We may even see a trade down and then taking a WR. Would not rule that one out.

What I like about Collins is he is a high motor guy. Wade loves those kind of guys in his defense. He keeps working even if he doesn't get to the QBs. Also, notice the pass deflections, passes broken up, fumbles, and int. He gets his hands up and causes damage. he would fit right in with JJ on the D.

One of the problems with Barrett was that he played 4 spots on the OL. While that seems like a good thing, some coaches think that if you are really that good, why are you moving around. It also asks where is he best suited? As such he was looking like a mid 2nd rounder prior to his injury. Post injury he drops into the 3rd simply due to injury scares.

I think you are right, he is a high risk high reward guy. But at this point, its important to think outside the box. At worst he is a super ST player. Quite frankly if he displaces Keo I may have to do the old school Balki Bartokomas(sp) dance of joy!

Its time the Texans get some beef up in the NT spot. Not just beef, but Prime Rib. This guy can move and is not a slouch. Yes, he has some disciplinary problems, but they seem to be fairly benign. A big athletic guy like him, next to Watt and Collins makes a fearsome pass swatting group!

This draft has lots of potential FS possibilities. I picked Bishop, but in all honesty a number of players would be great here.

Gotta go with a RB. With Forsett gone and Tate having a history of being nicked up, its important to have a guy who can play. I also would not be surprised if Kubes brought in a RB or two as an UDFA for the practice squad.

I feel bad for the guy. A couple of seasons ago, he was being talked about as a 2nd rounder with possibility for the first with a good season. Unfortunately 2 injury filled years later and he is now looking at possible UDFA status. If I had to, I would even consider him in the 6th and take another RB in the 7th. I think he has too much potential to not take a chance in the 7th or 6th if needbe.

Thanks for the kind words BL!!!

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote