View Single Post
Old 04-04-2013   #15
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 35195 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Doppelmock Version 7.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Great mock, but I'd swap out Rodgers for something else. I don't think he will be there in the late 3rd, and I don't see the point of getting him if Allen drops to our 1st. Would much rather see a DE, NT, ILB or even another OLB. If you think Cooper can play the Joker S spot that Quin vacated, then why not get an ILB that can be a full-time ILB? Our front 7 is very thin at the moment, and we could use some more talented depth there.
In my mind its a question of value. As a third rounder, if available, Rogers presents excellent value. He can be brought along slowly and given time to adjust to the league and the demands placed upon him.

Moreover, Rogers is a playmaker. As we are seeing with rule changes, this is becoming a passing league. What if the Texans decided to go with a 3 WR set as shown below...

Johnson------Brown-------Smith-----Myers----Brooks----Newton--Allen
-------Rogers-----------------------Schaub-------------------Daniels

------------------------------------Foster

In this formation, Schaub has 5 legit passing targets: AJ, OD, Allen, Rogers, and Foster. They could run double stack plays where they have Johnson and Rogers run so that one is deep and the other one is intermediate (same from Allen and Daniels). This would cause the safties problems as it would be much harder to determine where to go. The safety would also have to be wary of a draw play where Foster comes up clean through the middle.

Or, if they want to really drive the defenses nuts, they put OD on the bench and have 4 WRs and Foster as targets.

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote