View Single Post
Old 04-04-2013   #11
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69511 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Football Outsiders: State of the Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
He underthrows a lot of balls. He has said that he does it on purpose to make it easier for the receivers to catch & that may be true for all I know.

But to someone who is just watching the game, it doesn't make any sense to have a WR behind the defense, then purposely underthrow a ball allowing the defense to catch up.

Just watching, & not having read a Schaub quote stating he underthrows on purpose, my first guess would be that he couldn't throw it any deeper.

Having said that, there have been a few that looked as deep & straight as any ball thrown in the NFL.... they're just too far & between to make you think he can do it consistently.

If he can make the throws sometimes its not arm strength. I dont have the arm strength to throw a ball 60 yards ever. His footwork is what plays into the inconsistant nature of the deep ball not the strength of his arm
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote