View Single Post
Old 04-03-2013   #1060
Rock N Randy
Legend

Rep Power: 5405 Rock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2013 TT Member Mock Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Jesse Williams is one deminsional,2-gap NT who can eat up double teams and stand his ground. He brings nothing as a pass rusher. Will be on the side lines on passing downs. He will be a solid NT but nothing spectacular.

Kawaan Short has powerful hands and uses them well and has a nice combination of quickness and strength. He is strong at the point of attack and is a stout run defender. Because of his quick get off on the LOS he is good at shooting gaps which makes him an excellent penetrator. He sheds OL and has a quick burst to make tackles.

Short has 10X the talent that Williams has and if he puts it all together could be a steal at 27.

Me thinks you are going to be seeing pics of crows for this post. Oh yen and a for sure a who's your daddy from me.
We shall see. A lot goes into scheme and coaching. So which team a player goes to could make all the difference but I would bet Jesse Williams is a better pro than Short.

Williams has pass rush ability. He would not be considered for a 34 DE if he didn't
than just a one gap NT. He is more diverse than that. Blasphemy!

He projects to a 34 NT but he can be as 34DE 43 DT. He can be the piece where a team can run a hybrid front.

That's complete crap man.

Williams is constantly double team, and he beats the double team, collapses the pocket, or moves the QB, drives the RB east or West.

You honestly think its just the LBers at Bama that are so darn good.

Bama LBers got most of there attention and recognition when Jesse Williams walked on to campus. More so than Dareus.

Proof is in the pudding, this guy has dominated elite talent for 2years, when he knew nothing of the sport or football.

I'm wrong at Times, rarely to be honest. But ill come eat my crow and give kudos to the short pick if he says what you say he is.

But don't water down Williams to boost short that is far from the truth.
Rock N Randy is offline   Reply With Quote