View Single Post
Old 04-02-2013   #27
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 88648 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Colt McCoy traded to 49ers

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
I am not going to jump too far into this discussion but I will observe I have heard talking heads on multiple occasions talk about Texas players not living up to expectations. Doesn't mean not starter quality just not what was expected. I mean look at Michael Huff who just signed a journeyman contract, never has made the pro bowl and was drafted 7th. Derrick Johnson was considered underwhelming until they flipped him inside. Obviously VY. Cedric Benson was been solid but has not met expectations. So it has been discussed.
People who would say that are definitely people who aren't exactly informed well enough on their rosters from year to year to say that. Sure, Texas has had several bust players and disappointing prospects, but that is mainly due to having such a high number of high draft picks and graduates enter the NFL. We could say that about every top program practically. Texas has had a ton of productive players around the league that have held many starter roles for a while.

Aaron Ross, Michael Griffin, Quentin Jammer, Shaun Rogers, Cedrick Griffin, Jamal Charles, Priest Holmes, Ricky Williams, Tarell Brown, Earl Thomas, Ced Benson, Orakpo, Henry Melton, and etc.

Of course I could list several busts and disappointments as well. But along with a lot of others that I left off is a pretty impressive list of productive NFL players for stints at a time or long careers. Just putting it into a better perspective for folks who may forget just how many players that UT puts into the NFL.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote