View Single Post
Old 04-02-2013   #26
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101274 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Colt McCoy traded to 49ers

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
And, yet another unprepared UT player continues to stumble around the league...

He'll be back in Austin in 3 years, as a coach or something.
I wouldn't say that. McCoy was never thought of as that high of a prospect anywhere near how VY was. He was like a 3rd rounder or something like that, and I never thought of Colt as a great prospect, but more of a maybe kind of guy if he went to the right situation and over achieved. I thought he did over achieve in Cleveland his first year there on a horrible team. Then he didn't look so good the next season on that same horrible team with no weapons to work with and he never got a shot again. That team inherited a new coach as well during that tenure, so McCoy had everything possible against him.

I think he that SF is a great situation for him to go into where he could possibly emulate a similar style of Kapernick if he ever has to play. Colt McCoy never really got a full shot in his time in Cleveland to know to really know how well he possibly could have been. If Kapernick ever goes down for a good amount of time, we'll find out for sure. Coming into this league I always looked at COlt as mainly back up material though, but he surprised me a lot when I watched him as a rookie on the Browns.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote