View Single Post
Old 04-02-2013   #1018
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222017 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2013 TT Member Mock Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
Washington is worth a chance because of his size , strength , and speed . The Steelers used to take OLBs in every draft because those are key positions and expensive to resign .

I wanted a bigger guy at the nose but that's just me .

We do need WRs bad and the elephant in the room is , when will AJ start declining and who will take his place .

I don't like the QBs that much either . I would take a flyer if one fell to the 5th .
I thought about the bigger guy's up front but thought that Short really fit what Wade has asked of the defensive linemen since he came here - He's not asking them to plug holes , he's asking them to get up the field. Short can do both.

Both of the WR's I took have similar size and measurables to #80 .... That elephant in the room had a lot to do with not only the position but the type of players at the position I went with.

I think AJ will give us at least two more years ... beyond that , its possible one of these kids grows into a #1 and who better to learn from than a future HOFer ?

I'd be following the Steelers blueprint of building talent and depth at the OLB spots .... they have been able to do it for ... ever , with little drop off over the years.

QB .... we've got a "decent one" and a capable backup. We werent going to upgrade the decent one if we had the first pick in the draft. I dont believe we would upgrade the backup beyond the first two selected.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote