View Single Post
Old 04-02-2013   #79
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 345471 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans cap space, as of March 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
We didn't overstate his problem.
Schaub's problem has always been the fact that he's not very good!
Guys who "aren't very good" don't throw for 4700 yards. You've got to be pretty good just to throw for 4000 yards in a season.

He's not very athletic. He doesn't have a cannon arm. He's not a great passer on the run. But he's smart, he's reasonably accurate, and he'll stand in and take the shot (sometimes to his detriment.)

His lack of arm strength is a problem in the red zone and when guys are streaking down the field. But even with that, he's pretty good at picking up chunks of yardage between the 20's.

He's a good enough QB to manage a team to the Super Bowl but he's not a good enough QB to consistently put the team on his back to get them there. There aren't very many QBs who are that good and even the ones that are, that's not good enough to win a SB.

By the end of last season, he didn't look as mobile or as strong as he did at the beginning of the season. I don't know if that was injury, or being worn down by a long season, or something else. I personally had the feeling his foot was bothering him.

I like Schaub. I think he can win a SB with this team. But if we can upgrade the position, then let's do it.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote