View Single Post
Old 04-02-2013   #20
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 21983 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Colt McCoy traded to 49ers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Wow... I know they don't have a good track record at QB, but here's a list of guys from UT that are currently in the NFL:

Brian Orakpo
Earl Thomas
Henry Melton
Phil Dawson
Justin Tucker
Casey Hampton
Jamaal Charles
Sam Acho
Cedric Benson
Jermichael Finley
Quinten Jammer

A lot of the guys above are/were at least Probowl guys. That's a pretty good list of actives, plus all the mid-level guys I didn't list. I doubt there are that many schools that are that far ahead of them, but feel free to go look around and find how they stack up against others.
Fair points. Those are all decent players. But, the truth is, Mack Brown isn't known for developing players. Even when he was at UNC, he has a rep as a outstanding recruiter, but so-so coach/developer.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote