View Single Post
Old 04-02-2013   #15
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 29607 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Colt McCoy traded to 49ers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
Being a good to great starting QB isnt easy. I guess USC is in the same boat as UT with "undprepared QB's stubling around" in the NFL with Carson Palmer, Matt Leinart, Mark Sanchez, Matt Cassel. Expecting a UT "cream of the crop" athlete to be great in the NFL is ridiculous.

Nobody is saying that everything is great on the 40 acres. But assuming that Colt, who was a 3 star prospect coming to UT, is going to do great in the NFL with the amazing UT coaching is a bit much.
Um, I never said anything about USC's quarterbacks. I never said anything about USC, period. We are talking about UT, not USC.

And, we're talking about overall players, NOT just QB's. UT's history is pretty solid at mediocre overall players.

But, since you want to talk about USC, USC, at the very least, occasionally spins out superstars like Clay Matthews, and decent players like Brian Cushing.

UT's history of developing professional football players is shameful.
houstonspartan is online now   Reply With Quote