View Single Post
Old 04-02-2013   #42
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34613 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number19 View Post
Last season we were beaten up by the new breed of large & quick TE coming across into the shallow middle zone. We were also taken advantage of by the faster paced teams when we were just a bit slow with our substitutions. By having a larger LB ( say 6'-2", 250 lbs, running in the 4.6 range ) we match up better against these TE's, while giving Wade more flexibility in his defensive calls. I get a feeling that Wade hasn't quite had the personnel to fully execute his defense and this would be improved by a three down ILB.

A large ,strong, fast SS who could play in the box and who could help seal the middle against the run would also help.

All defenses have a weak spot which can be attacked. Wade's 1-gap 34 defense has it's weak spot right up the middle and this is where we need the most improvement.
I don't really recall us having big problems against defending tight ends last season. Aaron Hernandez had decent games, but nothing spectacular. I thought GQ and Manning did a good job covering TEs. In fact, football outsiders ranked us 4th in the league against opposing tight ends.
dream_team is online now   Reply With Quote