View Single Post
Old 04-02-2013   #11
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Colt McCoy traded to 49ers

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
1) My reference to Drew had to do with the fact that I assumed that Colt struggled in the NFL because he was too short. Then, someone pointed out to me that he's not too short; he's taller than Drew. As you said, Colt is Colt he has a different skill set than Drew, regardless of height.

2) UT fans have been holding on to the 2005 National Championship. That's why they refuse to see that they need a new head coach. The thinking is, "Mack got us that great championship!" I've actually heard people say that more than once. It's document that NFL teams are starting to hesitate when drafting players from UT (unless it's a high-profile job like QB). The school needs a new head coach BAD, but, alumni won't see it. All they can think about is 2005.

3) Texas COULD get the "cream of the crop." And often does. The school has a national "brand" (for whatever it's worth) and can attract anyone. The problem is, once they recruit the top high school students, they don't really train them for life as a professional athlete (if that's what that student wants as a career).
I think this season is Mack Brown's last chance. If he doesn't win at least 10 games and a BCS berth (is there still a BCS?) then my guess is he's out. Texas A&M has a real shot at a national title this year, so UT boosters are probably a bit anxious to see Texas get back to dominating the state.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote