View Single Post
Old 04-02-2013   #9
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 21983 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Colt McCoy traded to 49ers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
Colt isnt Drew Brees. Colt is Colt. But shipping him off to Cleveland definitely put him behind the 8-ball.

Not sure what UT Alumni letting go of the 2005 National Championship has to do with anything. And Texas doesnt always get the "cream of the crop." Texas is highly competitive with LSU, aTm, Oklahoma and virtually every other school working the area.
1) My reference to Drew had to do with the fact that I assumed that Colt struggled in the NFL because he was too short. Then, someone pointed out to me that he's not too short; he's taller than Drew. As you said, Colt is Colt he has a different skill set than Drew, regardless of height.

2) UT fans have been holding on to the 2005 National Championship. That's why they refuse to see that they need a new head coach. The thinking is, "Mack got us that great championship!" I've actually heard people say that more than once. It's document that NFL teams are starting to hesitate when drafting players from UT (unless it's a high-profile job like QB). The school needs a new head coach BAD, but, alumni won't see it. All they can think about is 2005.

3) Texas COULD get the "cream of the crop." And often does. The school has a national "brand" (for whatever it's worth) and can attract anyone. The problem is, once they recruit the top high school students, they don't really train them for life as a professional athlete (if that's what that student wants as a career).
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote