View Single Post
Old 04-02-2013   #38
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Let's discuss Texans ILB

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
I am not sold on Reed moving to ILB but either way, Texans will probably draft OLB in top 3 rounds. Last draft it was with pick one (Mercilus). If Reed does not move, tell me what you think we need to replace Bradie James. Will another scrub vet be the direction Phillips goes or will he want a top three round draft selection.

IMO if we draft by round three we could go with a round 4 or after ILB. I like
Klein or Beauharnais in 5th and think he would do well beside Cush and behind Brandon Williams. Also the addition of Ed Reed would make the transition smoother for a late round guy.
IMO, we need to find a place where Reed can shine. He's a second round pick. He is not a pass rusher, so we really don't need him taking the majority of his snaps on the line.

Move him back, next to Cushing & give him an opportunity to make more plays. Like Cuhsing, he was the Strongside LB. In a 3-4 as opposed to a 4-3, but they play pretty much the same. Moving Reed would be like moving Cushing. But since he's not scraping at the line with TEs or slot receivers, he should fare a little better.

On passing downs, we can put him back on the line like a 4-3 DE if his replacement isn't up to snuff. But we need to find another pass rusher, just in case we've already seen the best of Whitney Merciless.

Heck, I'd probably rather see Mr. Alexander or Sharpton play the SOLB position on 1st & 2nd downs than Reed, along with drafting an outside pass rusher, because Reed ain't an outside pass rusher.