View Single Post
Old 04-02-2013   #78
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 209602 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Texans cap space, as of March 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
We didn't overstate his problem.
Schaub's problem has always been the fact that he's not very good!
I agree. I'm not a Schaub fan, but the guy I saw last year, was the same guy I always saw.

Schaub had a lot of fans before December, but it seems with RG3, Russel Wilson, Andrew Luck, & Colin Kaepernick having amazing seasons, Schaub all of a sudden isn't any good anymore.... even to his fans, which is just blowing my mind.

His stats are the same, he looks the same... he chokes just like he always has. That's what we saw & the LisFranc had nothing to do with that. I could understand if people were saying, "I was wrong, he's a choker & won't ever win a Super Bowl."

But they're saying, "He's no good now after his LisFranc & will never be the same again." But the guy I saw in December & January was the same guy.

We said, before the play-offs, that if we're going to beat New England (we said the same thing in the regular season too) then the run game was going to have to show up. We needed Arian Foster (since Kubiak didn't want to use any other RB) to put on a show. We needed Duane Brown to be the "Baddest man on the planet" & neither happened. We said we needed the defense to show up. We needed to see the Jj Watt show, we needed Barwin to show up.... & that didn't happen either.

No one expected Schaub to beat the Patriots, but when he didn't.... it was like, "Schaub sucks, he couldn't beat the Patriots."

But we knew that. We knew that before 2012. We knew that in 2011, We knew that in 2010. The Matt Schaub we saw in 2009... that guy could probably stand a chance (even though it was Arian Foster & the defense that beat the Patriots at home).... probably, but that guy is long gone & is proving to be the exception to the rule.