View Single Post
Old 04-02-2013   #76
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Texans cap space, as of March 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Anyone?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob McNair

I think that the injury he had did slow him down some. He was probably in the back of his mind a little concerned about reinjuring his foot and we certainly didn’t want to see that happen.
Someone thinks Schaub had a problem with his foot.
Maybe I read it differently, or maybe I misunderstood your (generic) implications about his injury. Seems that many believe the injury limited him physically, that he wasn't able to plant, push, or generally move around because the foot was causing him some pain. Or that he was compensating for it in some way. That physically he is less mobile than he already was before the injury.

What McNair is saying there (or at least the way I interpret it) is maybe he didn't play "full speed" (Matt's full speed) because he was thinking about the foot. Kinda like many players are thinking about re-tearing their ACL when they come back from surgery, so they play slower, they're more cautious. But physically, they aren't impaired in any way from doing what they've done in the past.

& if that's the case, then there is actually reason to believe he'll play up to his full speed come next season.

I'll say it right now. If the Texans draft a QB on the first day, I'll stop denying what "we" already know. If they don't, I hope this anti-Schaub stuff will stop. Had we traded for a Colt McCoy, or an Alex Smith, or a Matt Flynn (is that his name?) then I would believe the Texans know more than what they've been letting on. But picking up a Stephen McGee from A&M makes me think "we" are overstating Matt's problems.