View Single Post
Old 04-01-2013   #29
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sports Illustrated 2013 Mocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insideop View Post
Who is projecting Allen's max to be 700-850 yds 6 TD's? You say that those numbers are Hunters floor. No, his floor is way lower than that! That's the thing with Patterson, Hunter, and Rodgers, their ceilings are high, but there is a big bust potential with each also. None are as NFL ready as Allen or Hopkins.

So, the question comes down to this; do the Texans want a #2 WR that will replace Walter and is ready to play now, or do they want a #1 WR with a higher ceiling that might be ready to play in a couple of years and replace AJ? My guess is they want the #2 who can play now. We'll see!
If he is to come here and be a #2 and produce right away, that's the max he's going to be putting up in this offense with AJ still on the roster. That's why i set his max where i did. Furthermore, outside of like 1-2 teams with 2 legit #1 WR's on thier rosters, that's about where a #2 WR's numbers sit......

You're unfairly basing Hunter's floor on him being a bust just b/c he has the higher ceiling....Ummm....you do know Allen can be a bust too right? The bust factor doesn't just exponentially grow based on a players potential only...it's largely a by product of where you're drafted...in any event i don't thing the bust factor is very high for a player taken at 27. it wasn't that long ago that Aaron Curry was unaminously the most "pro ready" LB/player in the draft.....the guy is basically out of the league now b/c apparently he wasn't as pro ready as some thought.

Just like you say Hunter might be able to come in and play in a couple of years, Allen might be able to come in, beat out Lestar Jean, Keshawn Martin and anyone else Kubes wants to bring in and produce right away. If he can't do that or if he's out for any significant time before the season starts for any reason (injury in training camp/preseason) that immediate play & produce benefit is voided....especially with the what Kubes expects of his WR's.

In any event, I think Hunter's the better prospect b/c we stand to gain more in the short & long term if Hunter lives up to his potential. If he reaches 1/2 of his potential he should still be able to put up good numbers as a #2...anything else over that is gravy for us. If he busts we're screwed, but we'd be no more screwed than we would be if Allen turns out to be a bust as well.

Last edited by Mr teX; 04-01-2013 at 01:35 PM.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote