View Single Post
Old 04-01-2013   #28
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sports Illustrated 2013 Mocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
It must be said that Hunter's hands have to be taken into account. For WRs >40 targets, Hunter had the highest drop rate of 12.1% of all in this draft class.

In the NFL in 2012, only Early Doucet was worse.
In no way am I making a comparison of player to AJ, but Andre didn't have great hands coming out of Miami. He worked hard at it. I remember plenty of articles about his extra work with the pitching machines to catch extra balls. Hands (to a certain level) can be taught. I worry less about that than most people seem to on here. Welker led the league in drops I believe and Dez Bryant was one of the tops as well. I think we'd all take those guys. Not everyone has Fitzgerald hands. If things are close, the argument is void IMO. That's something that can be (fairly) quickly improved with some off-season work and isn't that big of a gap to start with. We're talking about 2-3 extra drops per year. Total. Before improvements.