View Single Post
Old 04-01-2013   #27
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81710 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Let's discuss Texans ILB

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
I am not sold on Reed moving to ILB but either way, Texans will probably draft OLB in top 3 rounds. Last draft it was with pick one (Mercilus). If Reed does not move, tell me what you think we need to replace Bradie James. Will another scrub vet be the direction Phillips goes or will he want a top three round draft selection.

IMO if we draft by round three we could go with a round 4 or after ILB. I like
Klein or Beauharnais in 5th and think he would do well beside Cush and behind Brandon Williams. Also the addition of Ed Reed would make the transition smoother for a late round guy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number19 View Post
Ideally, and for the team to really improve defensively, we need a weak side ILB who will be a three down player.

Both Bostic and Klein had respectable production in coverage. I'd also add Klein's teammate, Jake Knott, to the shortlist of possibilities.
Those guys deserve considerations; I like Sio Moore better both on tapes (he also had good weeks at the Shrine game and the Senior Bowl) and at the combine.

This guy really can play at any of the four LB spots.
He can run with TEs and RBs, even with some slots, too.
He was used everywhere at UConn and played well at each and all spots; extremely versatile.

http://nflsfuture.com/2013/03/08/sio...outing-report/
76Texan is online now   Reply With Quote