View Single Post
Old 03-31-2013   #19
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sports Illustrated 2013 Mocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
But see this is my problem with many people's analysis of Allen vs. Hunter. 1 guy was injured in 2011 had a great bounce back season in 2012. the other guy got injured in 2012, and still might have issues going into the draft. but when people are grading both these guys, they significantly knock hunter more, for having been injured in his career than they do Allen.Yes i get it, 1 guys injury was worse than the others, but i think he more than answered questions about the health of that knee this past CFB season.

Both are great prospects, but there is absolutely no way you can look at tape from 2012 of both of these guys and come away thinking that Allen is the better prospect of the 2 or even think that Hunter isn't 1 of if not the top WR prospect in the draft. Allen's projected max (700-850 yds 6 TDs) in the NFL is Hunter's floor.
Hunter has great upside; I don't ever knock him.

Allen had an ankle injury and missed the entire spring practice.
(The surgery needs to be taken into account.)
He also had a PCL grade 2 tear in the knee and missed a couple of games at the end of the season.
That one doesn't need surgery and has a 4-6 months rehab time-table.
So far, he seems to be on schedule.

Look at his production in his junior year; and let's not forget he accounted for 53 TDs in his Sr yr in high school.

Hunter had Tyler Bray (who benefited from a good O-line) throwing to;
Allen had Zach Maynard (who is rated the #33 QB in this draft class) throwing to.

Allen is solid in every aspect of the passing game.
With Hunter, it's potential, with Allen, he's already there.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote