View Single Post
Old 03-31-2013   #69
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326894 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Texans cap space, as of March 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebigeztx View Post
They need to get antonio off that 9.5m. He's not worth that no matter what people try to say. He's a 5m a yea max player. Either they need to extend him for 4 yrs and thin his number out or cut him. 4 yrs 20m with 6m guarantee is what they should offer him. They could get lloyd,seymore,and alan branch for 9.5m
I'm sure if they need the money, they'll do it. But he's getting older. If they can get one more year out of him, they can be free & clear of him next year. This gives Crick & Jamison a year to earn that spot.

Of course, if they are comfy with Crick & Jamison already, they can trade Antonio now, for whatever they can get. They'll free up $6M & eat $3M... I like Antonio, but that's awful tempting.

He's had back-to-back career years, putting up very good numbers for an undersized 3-4 DE/4-3 DT... & I assume he's the kind of pro the F.O. wants to keep around.

If they do restructure, I'd like to see something with a low $3M-$5M cap number for the next 3 years & little dead money in years 4 & 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Not really. There would not have been a market for Schaub. Flacco had leverage. Rodgers would have had leverage. Jerry Jones is completely insane. Schaub is overpayed.
Who knows. He is a starting QB. He's getting half of what those other guys are getting. After the Flacco deal, after the Romo deal (who has not done any more than Schaub), and based on the speculation of what Rodgers is going to get, Schaub was a steal.

He's not the QB we want, but he's not as hopeless as we say he is either. He's got just as much a shot at winning the next Super Bowl as Flacco, Romo, or even Rogers.