View Single Post
Old 03-31-2013   #72
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Player exodus due to lack of leadership

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
It's like Connor Barwin had some sort of hipster spell cast over this team. Letterman jackets, Foster's segway gifts to the OL, Bulls On Parade nickname. Connor Barwin set this team back a few years. Bastard.
If one player set this team back a few years, then this team is screwed even without him here. Barwin wasn't the leader in the locker room. He was just a guy that enjoyed himself.

I don't understand what Barwin's role was in Foster buying segway's for the OL? Lots of running backs (and QBs) buy their linemen gifts. I highly doubt Foster being nice to his teammates had any effect on their play on the field. I don't think the nickname did either. Neither did the letterman jackets. If we didn't have the jackets or the nickname, chances are we still would have flamed out and lost. Barwin's role on this team was minor, so to think he had some large influence in them playing poorly down the stretch because he wears jean shorts and white t-shirts and likes to go to dive bars is a crazy idea.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote