View Single Post
Old 03-31-2013   #68
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans cap space, as of March 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
I think I pay as much attention to the market as any other amatuer GM. And there's nothing phony about Schaub's $29 million guarantee. It was all too real.

I would like to know who these teams (or team) are that would have forked over that kind of $$$ to Schaub. Please do not include the Raiders, who have a legitimate management team, now.
I have already listed multiple teams willingness to hand out bad money to QBs who have done less than Schuab, why I do have specualte on the exact one that would do it with Schuab? I have recent history on my side, not wasting bandwith trying to read the mind of a specific organization over the bigger picture.

The more important question for the Texans is if schuab goes to market (ie giving leverage) what would Texans being doing at QB today?
Sending a 1st and something more for Alex Smith?
Waiting around to the draft and reaching for Ryan Nassib or EJ Manuel?
Sorting through Fitzpatrick, Kolb, and Flynn, hoping you figure which one sucks least?

The Texans thought (and still think) this is a team ready for a deep run and the best chance for that run over next handful of years was to keep the known product Schuab in place instead of guessing at whether some desparate team would money whip him and the Texans waking-up looking at that terrible QB market.

bottonline is that the Texans were not going to re-sign schuab for the prove-it-to-me contract that Kolb got. They had to offer him starting QB money either in season or out.