View Single Post
Old 03-30-2013   #65
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans cap space, as of March 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
It doesn't happen often, but I strongly disagree. The QBs you mentioned were coming off positive years. Schaub would have been on the market following the worst stretch of his career, with serious questions concerning his long term health.

A good litmus test will be what type of deal Carson Palmer gets after he is released by the Raiders. Similar in age and success to Schaub, without the foot injury. It won't be the $29 million guaranteed like Schaub received from the Texans, that is for certain.
Carson Palmer is a great example. He had not been anything but average, for a couple of years with the bengals, and Raiders sent multiple high picks and a big contract for a plus 30 QB with a history of injury.

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...P/PalmCa00.htm

No teams would not be dropping 50 million guaranteed, but acting like 30 million in the NFL phony guarantees would unrealistic is not paying attention to the market.

Hell, I am not even arguing that any of those teams should have given Schaub that type of money. I am arguing that at least one team would have done it.