Thread: Keenan Allen-WR
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2013   #15
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Keenan Allen-WR

couple days ago- http://blogs.buffalonews.com/press-c...nan-allen.html

I guess every fan base see something different, he compares him to a different Andre, Andre Reed who was their stud back in the day.
Quote:
Reed ranks near the top in nearly all NFL career statistical receiving categories. He went over 1000 yards four times in a 16 year career, is tenth in NFL history in total career receptions with 951 (behind only Jerry Rice, Cris Carter, Tim Brown, Isaac Bruce, Hines Ward, Randy Moss, Tony Gonzalez, Terrell Owens, and Marvin Harrison), ninth in NFL history in total career receiving yards with 13,198. Reed is also eleventh in NFL history in total career touchdown receptions with 87.
It's been awhile but what I remember, Reed was the Bills & Jim Kelly go to guy. Productive, dependable & capable of big plays. Both play a physical style & willing to go over the middle & take a hit without losing ball control. Of course that was then Keenan is like Andre Reed would be evolved with the game 20 years later. So it's a decent comp. very flattering actually. I would think most old Oilier fans would shutter to remember this - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Com...rican_football)

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote