View Single Post
Old 03-30-2013   #5
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264941 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Texans show interest in Texas A&M LB Sean Porter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveSlaton20 View Post
comparing a safety with a linebacker?
TEs are going to be covered by a safety or a LB most of the time.

Sometimes, you get a LB like Anthony Gonzales, Antonio Gates, Jason Witten, Jimmy Graham, Rob Gronkowski. They're too fast & athletic to be defended by a LB. Too big to be defended by a safety.

I believe we are going to see more of these guys in the future. There are probably a half dozen of them already that I didn't list. Defenses are going to have to change to address these hybrid TEs.

Quin was our guy. In some nickel situations, & in every dime package, he played as our MO, the ILB position next to the MIKE. I think Danieal Manning can play this position in lieu of Quin, however that would leave Keo playing deep safety with Reed. Not a very good option in my mind. Especially considering I don't feel Manning can play the position as well as Quin.

A better option would be to allow Manning & Reed as deep safeties then get a LB who can keep up with these faster/athletic TEs. However, this guy is pretty light against the run. Maybe he can play bigger, because that's what we will need.