View Single Post
Old 03-30-2013   #9
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 213051 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Slauson Wants to Apologize to Cushing

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_txtech View Post
He said "it was a frowned upon block", "I think about it all the time", sounds like the guy genuinely feels bad for the guy. He went out of his way to track down Cushing's phone number and tried to call and apologize to him personally.

All I'm saying is that I respect someone who is willing to offer an apology. Seems like a lot of you would have preferred if he didn't try to apologize to Cushing at all. To each his own.
I think this is the most telling part of the quote

Quote:
"I tried," Slauson said of calling the linebacker. "But it didn't work out. I wanted to let him know that I was really sorry. I heard he's a great guy, and I wish him all the best, and I'm sure I'm going to be seeing on the field again."
Translation: PLEASE Mr. Cushing, Sir... don't take my face off next time you see me on the field! ...okay..??
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote