View Single Post
Old 03-30-2013   #17
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21216 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: John McClain on SportsTalk today...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
I was driving and had 610 SportsTalk on the radio earlier and McClain said two things I had not heard before or missed reading:

1) He said the reason Jacoby is gone is because his agent asked the Texans to release him because of the treatment he was getting from the fans ... ?

2) He also said that Marciano was not in favor of letting Trindon Holliday go ... ?

McClain was very direct & both statements were very clear. True?

(Mods, wasn't sure where this topic "fit" exactly -- move as needed, thx.)
I'm sure he wasn't in favor. ST coaches have to fight tooth and nail for players for their squad. Usually they get the leftovers and backups that have to play ST. He's a potential difference maker as we saw when he was in Denver.

It was a tough call, but when rosters are limited to 53 it makes those decisions tough. I wish the NFLPA would push for 2 or 3 more roster spots. It would make it easier to keep 1 trick ponies and depth at important areas.
TexanBacker93 is offline   Reply With Quote