View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013   #220
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264941 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: What's the next move for the Texans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Well, the last time Winston complained that the Texans didn't even talk to him.
When I sold cars for a living, it was my job to talk to people "just looking" the idea was to get them talking about owning the vehicle, & the cost of buying it. One technique, was to throw numbers out there & see what you get. Try to find out where their head is. If they're way under.... wanting to take a $5,000 premium from sticker, we let them go, find another person "just looking"

(& I'm just throwing $5,000 out there. Sometimes that's doable, sometimes it's not)

But if they are in the ballpark, my job is then to get them to make the decision to buy that day.

Now, I know $40,000 is pittence to RickSmith & EricWinston, but the principle is the same. I'd like to think he, or someone directed by him threw some numbers at Winston, or his agent & he thought they were too far apart to even bother with a "deal"

Eric may not have known he was in "negotiation" but a person like RickSmith should live & die by the salesman mantra, "Always be closing."