View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013   #68
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Player exodus due to lack of leadership

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
I really would have thought that Antonio Smith, when presented with his own letterman jacket, would NOT have been "down with that sweet stuff."

Really surprised me that he sported his in a photo with Barwin.

Ninja, what the hell were you thinking???

It's like Connor Barwin had some sort of hipster spell cast over this team. Letterman jackets, Foster's segway gifts to the OL, Bulls On Parade nickname. Connor Barwin set this team back a few years. Bastard.
I never really liked Barwin being on this team, for those reasons. Regarding his play, he's a guy who can get to the QB when things are all leaning his way, but you lose a good coverage guy (good everything guy) like Cushing, watch Watt turn the team into a our-DLs-can-get-there-on-there-own type of D, and Barwin can't get there those fewer times he's asked to. Now, in typical fashion that, IMHO, goes right along with his letterman-jacket-&-Bulls-On-Parade effect on the team, he is blaming his own ineffectiveness on the team. It is the team's fault that we didn't have somebody besides Cushing at LB who could cover, but maybe Barwin is part of that problem, AND he is ultimately blaming Smith, Kubiak, & Phillips for drafting Watt, who gets to the QB, almost regardless of the situation (needing no help) and makes Barwin's mediocre abilities unnecessary.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote