View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013   #66
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 30074 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Player exodus due to lack of leadership

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
My hunch is that the FO realized they needed less of the class clown guys like Barwin and Cody, and more serious professionals like Ed Reed.

That, to me, is the main motivation for bringing Reed in. Change the culture.
I see your point, but, I'm not quite so sure. If Barwin had had a great year, he likely would have been extended an offer. Yes, Reed does bring a more professional, less "frat-boy-like" attitude, but, I don't think we can equate the signing of Reed to the non-signing of Barwin. Two different situations, IMO.

Having said that, I do believe that Reed would have put a stop to the Letterman Jacket fiasco the minute Barwin and Reed brought it up.
houstonspartan is online now   Reply With Quote