View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013   #53
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 41142 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Some believe atmosphere is safe for gay NFL player to come out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
First of all you have the wrong poster. I've been a U.S. citizen all my life. But I'm Baptist since you brought up religion. I'm straight, but don't care how another man lives his life. Secondly, I've spoken with a couple of NFL players who relayed exactly what I said. Would it be awkward in the beginning? Of course, but these guys aren't angels in the locker room. There's a lot of stuff that goes on that players who are devoutly religious may not approve of, but if a player helps someone win then that stuff is ignored. And as an African American I can say that I haven't talked to another black person that's had a problem with that term "Jackie Robinson of gay athletes". Whoever comes out while they're playing is breaking a barrier. None of "us" are taking that term literally.
I certainly did get the wrong poster, and I apologize for being so really clumsy. And as someone who is neither black nor Christian, your insight on this issue as a black Christian who also has friends now actively playing in the NFL obviously goes far beyond any that I might have. Thanks for your comments, I enjoyed reading them, and again sorry for being so sloppy.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote