View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013   #2080
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 69042 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ed Reed agrees to terms with Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
I thought that $5 mil was guaranteed.......and that there was only a potential for an additional $1 mil bonus for meeting goals of staying on the field/performance........POSSIBLY making a total of $6 mil for 2013?
Spottrac has him at $5 Million guaranteed, a $4 Million sigining bonus, a $1 Million 2013 roster bonus, and a $1 Million 2013 base salary. This is a $3.33 cap hit for 2013.

Other reports I've seen (Rotoworld for one) have described it as a $2 Million signing bonus, $1 Million dollar 2013 roster bonus, and a $3 Million base salary for 2013 ($6 million guaranteed). This would be a $4.67 Million 2013 cap hit

If Spottrac's wrong, it wouldn't be the first time for them to take a little while to get their act together. ( In fact, they currently indicate a $2 Million signing bonus, but then calculate the cap hit using $4 Million).

The $6 Million for the first year (cash payment - not cap figure) seems to be pretty consistent. Everything else, I'll hold off on buying into.