View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013   #47
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19125 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans cap space, as of March 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
You look at their cap situation , they have next to no dead money and the cap should increase significantly in the next two years with the new TV deals kicking in. They'll be in prime position cap wise ....
See I'm right there with you and feel like I'm one of the few that actually likes the position we're in. I think Rick and Olsen have been doing a great job the last several years in regards to our contracts, players and cap.

I'm also one that's glad we didn't spend crazy during the uncapped year bc that would have directly effect our future cap position. The league warned not to play fancy Enron accounting with contracts that year and the Texans listened.

Plus there was plenty of talk about how the cap would NOT significantly increase during the first several years of the new CBA and that it would be gradual increase and/or relatively flat. The Texans are smart enough to know that and didn't "plan" for a huge cap increase just to sign high $ FA's. otherwise we'd actually be in cap hell right now!
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote