View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013   #47
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46599 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Some believe atmosphere is safe for gay NFL player to come out

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Well the president of the players' association disagrees with you:

From PFT.com

Like I said, they are already known in the locker room and nobody is causing a stink. Your argument makes no logical sense. It doesn't matter if they say it publicly wrt whether the team accepts them. They already do. The team isn't going to suddenly become scared of showering with the same guy they have known is gay for four years just because he becomes openly gay.
And you are surprised by this kind of statement coming from the top official representative of the players' association, really ? What would surprise me would be if he said anything to the contrary. This guy has probably been told by Goodell to get in line with the gay-rights thing or their advocates in Congress might come after the league for its anti-trust exemption.
BTW, I don't really care that much if half of the NFL rank-and-file come out of the closet this afternoon and all waltz with each other on Ellen's show, my reservations about gays in any kind of organization is pretty much limited to certain units of the military because of the national security considerations. But I still don't expect to see anybody "come out of the closet" in the public sense of the term in the near term. Eventually at some point in time ? Yea sure, eventually.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote