View Single Post
Old 03-28-2013   #10
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 181199 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: INFO for Diehards

I think some of us should stop being junior high gaga over certain players. Respect their talents (that they are paid quite well for) but realize that we do not get our own worth from them. Not all westerns end with the hero riding off into the sunset with the townspeople waving their hankies.

The new CBA (salary cap specifically) is changing everything. Let's look at AJ since he probably creates the most emotion when talking about a Texan. It would be exhilarating if AJ could retire after 2016 with another 1500 yd career and a SB. I doubt McNair is willing to expect that. As of today, there is no WR on roster who could be WR1 if AJ could not suit up. The nearest option is an yet undrafted rookie. Are you satisfied with a 34-35 year old AJ taking up appx 10% of the cap in 15 & 16? I say yes IF he has a 2012 season each of next three years. Anyone here want to guarantee that? I think most agree it takes a WR two years to be ready to start, if not three. AJ has four seasons on his deal. So what year do we select his future replacement? Some of us have AJ on our regular prayer list now.

Like someone once said, I love when we have a plan or something like that.